Zwilling J.A. Henckels Miyabi Kaizen 5.5" Santoku Knife, Hollow Edge, VG10 (CMV60) Damascus Blade, Micarta Handle - 34194-153
H34194153: Miyabi Kaizen 5.5" Santoku, Hollow Edge
Miyabi Kaizen by Zwilling J.A. Henckels Japan
5.5" santoku knife, hollow edge.
Miyabi continues to strive for perfection with the introduction of Miyabi Kaizen - Japanese for "improvement' or "change for the better". This next generation of Miyabi knives, made in Seki, Japan, combines the greatest hardening technology with the artistry of traditional craftsmanship.
The resilient core of VG10 (CMV60) super steel is protected by a 64-layer stunning flower Damascus pattern. CMV60 is an alias of VG10 steel.
The CRYODUR blade undergoes a four-step hardening process that maximizes the properties of the steel.
- Hardening done in a state-of-the-art vacuum furnace
- Rapid-quenching to room temperature in seconds
- Cryogenic treatment at -321° F to enhance the corrosion resistance
Double Tempering to improve toughness
The Katana edge is hand-finished with the traditional 3-step Honbazuke method. The angle of each blade is honed by an artisan to 9.5 - 12 degrees per side. The acute angle in concert with Honbazuke method yields scalpel-like sharpness.
The exceptional blade is complemented by an equally stunning and durable handle made of black linen Micarta featuring a mosaic pin, red spacers and a metal end cap.
- VG10 (CMV60) super steel core
- 60 Rockwell hardness
- CRYODUR ice-hardened blade
- Flower Damascus design
- Traditional 3-step Honbazuke hand-honed edge
- Black linen Micarta handle with mosaic pin, two red spacers and end cap logo
- Made in Japan