HEAdesigns Wingman Flipper 3.5" S35VN Wharncliffe Blade, Blue Milled Titanium Handles
HEAWMBL: Wingman Folding Knife, Blue
The future called... and the Wingman answered.
As always, there is an awesome story behind the Wingman. After designing the Antidote and Poison, Sam, founder of HEAdesigns, felt like he hadn't fully explored the futuristic aesthetic. He wanted to take it to the next level of design. He wanted to design something that looked like it could move at the speed of light. He's already designed a small blade and a big blade. The next one had to be a perfect mid-size. It had to go in a completely different direction, a new blade shape, a new way to look at an EDC.
Given that he hadn't done a Wharncliffe folder before, Sam knew that it was the direction he wanted to take it in. Like an eagle, a sports car, a plane—Sam wanted all the design cues to hint at speed and performance. It had to be a one of a kind design.
It took over two years of design and iteration to get to what you see today. There were over fifty refinements in that time and over a dozen prototypes. This thing rocks! There are a ton of innovative features he's never done before in an HEA model. Full cutouts through the entire design, six dramatic grinds per blade, hidden hardware with a full-length milled spacer, and 3D wrapped handle milling. Sam also wanted to maintain some of the themes from previous models so favorite features that people come to expect from HEA are also there (hidden blade, thematic clip, lines that follow from handle to blade and back, two-tone blades etc.). This is the sickest offering yet!
Sam put a lot of care into the design of the Wingman. It'll be your go-to knife. He says that from experience because he's been using it since the first prototype was made. It's a utility machine! There are so many design details here that we cannot wait for you to get these in hand!
- Two-tone sandblast and hand sand flat finish with full depth speed groove and three grinds per side
- This blade flies out faster than Dominic Toretto at a drag race!
- Machined lock relief, steel lock insert, over travel stop, ceramic bearings and detent
- Full cutouts through both handles with 3D contoured and wrapped edges unlike any other design
- Custom HEA pivot with mirrored AEH on back with torx accommodations
- Blind screwed clip with design cues that make it feel right at home on the frames
- Full-Length titanium backspacer with hidden hardware, secure screw tech, hidden lanyard hole and speed milling down the entire piece
- Blade Length: 3.50"
- Cutting Edge: 3.50"
- Closed Length: 4.875"
- Overall Length: 8.375"
- Blade Material: CPM-S35VN Stainless Steel
- Blade Thickness: 0.125"
- Blade Style: Wharncliffe
- Blade Grind: Flat
- Blade Finish: Two-Tone
- Handle Material: Blue 3D Milled Titanium
- Handle Thickness: 0.56"
- Locking Mechanism: Frame
- Pivot Assembly: Ceramic Bearings
- Pocket Clip: Gold Titanium (Tip-Up, Right Carry)
- Weight: 4.1 oz.
- Designer: Sam Abdelrahman
Semi-Custom or Mid-Tech knives are knives produced by a process in which the designer has more direct--but not complete--involvement; parts of these knives may still have been made by others.
Developed by Chris Reeve, it functions like a liner lock but the lock is comprised of one of the handle scales. It's an extremely strong and easy to manipulate lock.
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
A tougher steel than S30V, it retains the excellent corrosive properties and ability to take an edge, but improves on the ability to hold that edge.
A nonferrous metal, it's prized for its high strength to weight ratio and is often used on higher end knives.
$79.99 On Sale: $39.95
$69.99 On Sale: $39.95
$59.99 On Sale: $24.95
$99.99 On Sale: $55.95
$49.99 On Sale: $17.95