Hults Bruk Gran 20" Splitting Axe, Hickory Wood Handle, Leather Sheath - H840582
HUBH840582: Gran Splitting Axe
The Hults Bruk "Gran" is a small splitting axe intended for lighter duties such as the basic splitting involved with making fireplace wood. This item has a weight of 3.3 lbs. and an overall length of 20". The head is the product of blasted and clear-lacquered ironwork and the curved shaft is made of US-sourced hickory. That handle is treated with linseed oil. Each axe comes with a traditional leather protective sheath that is embellished with some unique Swedish decorative element.
- The axe head is hand-forged and made from Swedish axe steel in a foundry that has been in operation since 1697.
- As part of the production process, the steel is struck multiple times thereby increasing its density and resulting in more durability of the axe.
- The head is constructed in such a way that there is a tempered zone designed to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpening sessions.
- Each axe comes with a traditional leather protective sheath that is embellished with some unique Swedish decorative elements. The axe is shipped in its own storage box and comes with a detailed users manual.
- Blade Length: 3"
- Overall Length: 20"
- Blade Material: Swedish Steel
- Blade Thickness: 0.72"
- Handle Material: American Hickory Wood
- Handle Thickness: 1.01"
- Sheath Material: Leather
- Head Weight: 2 lbs.
- Weight: 3.3 lbs.
- Made in Sweden
$89.98 On Sale: $59.95