Hults Bruk Gran 20" Splitting Axe, Hickory Wood Handle, Leather Sheath - H840582
HUBH840582: Gran Splitting Axe
The Hults Bruk "Gran" is a small splitting axe intended for lighter duties such as the basic splitting involved with making fireplace wood. This item has a weight of 3.3 lbs. and an overall length of 20". The head is the product of blasted and clear-lacquered ironwork and the curved shaft is made of US-sourced hickory. That handle is treated with linseed oil. Each axe comes with a traditional leather protective sheath that is embellished with some unique Swedish decorative element.
- The axe head is hand-forged and made from Swedish axe steel in a foundry that has been in operation since 1697.
- As part of the production process, the steel is struck multiple times thereby increasing its density and resulting in more durability of the axe.
- The head is constructed in such a way that there is a tempered zone designed to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpening sessions.
- Each axe comes with a traditional leather protective sheath that is embellished with some unique Swedish decorative elements. The axe is shipped in its own storage box and comes with a detailed users manual.
- Blade Length: 3"
- Overall Length: 20"
- Blade Material: Swedish Steel
- Blade Thickness: 0.72"
- Handle Material: American Hickory Wood
- Handle Thickness: 1.01"
- Sheath Material: Leather
- Head Weight: 2 lbs.
- Weight: 3.3 lbs.
- Made in Sweden
Provides a traditional, natural look and feel to a modern tool. Wood absorbs shock well and is popular in axe handles.
Leather is known for its durability and traditional appeal. When compared to Kydex it is preferred for its silence when bumped against other objects, as well as blade retention.
$89.98 On Sale: $59.95