Wusthof Epicure 6" Half-Bolster Chef's Knife - 3981-7/16
WU3981716: Epicure 6" Half-Bolster Chef's Knife
Designed by Björn Berger, a successful industrial designer born in Solingen, Germany — the world headquarters of Wusthof since 1814 — Epicure is a finely edited collection of precision-forged, full tang cutlery. Epicure knives sport a dynamic blade shape with modern lines and an inviting handle design using the same midtone, wood composite material found in today's popular, high-end Epicurean cutting boards. Ergonomically crafted for optimum comfort, the handles are purposefully sculpted to reduce fatigue, as well as look beautiful in the kitchen. In homage to the signature feature of many Wusthof cutlery collections, the handle of each Epicure knife is sturdily fastened with two stainless steel rivets. The full tang Epicure 6" Half-Bolster Cook's Knife, or Chef's Knife, is the workhorse of the kitchen or the essential kitchen knife. The cook's knife is an indispensable all-purpose kitchen knife that can be used for chopping, mincing, slicing, and dicing. Due to the weight and balance of the knife, it is also perfect for heavy-duty work such as cutting thicker vegetables and meats.
- The wide blade is ideal for slicing, cutting, chopping, and shredding all types of food and ensures the knife glides safely through the food.
- The Asian half-bolster reduces the weight of the knife and enables the whole blade to be re-sharpened.
- The grip is made from natural fibers and resin — as beautifully warm as wood and as tough as plastic.
- Forged from a piece of high alloy X50CrMoV15 blade steel and annealed on 58 HRC ensuring a durable cutting-edge and good re-sharpening potential.
- Not dishwasher safe; hand-wash only.
- Blade Length: 6.00"
- Blade Thickness: 0.08"
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Blade Material: X50CrMoV15 Stainless Steel
- Handle Thickness: 0.83"
- Weight: 6.00 oz.
- Made in Solingen, Germany
UPC Code: 4002293198125
One of the older steel Capitals of the World: Solingen, Germany produces some of the best Kitchen knives and straight razors money can buy.
On Sale: $69.95