Wusthof Classic 8" Santoku Knife, Hollow Edge - 4183-7/20
WU4183720: Classic 8" Santoku Knife, Hollow Edge
Wusthof's best-selling collection for generations, Classic full-tang knives are precision-forged from a single piece of an exclusive high-carbon stain-free steel. Classic knives feature a handle design made of a highly durable synthetic material – Polyoxymethylene (POM) – which has a tighter molecular structure to resist fading and discoloration.
The Classic 8" Hollow Edge Santoku Knife is designed with a thinner blade than the traditional chef's knife, at a 10° cutting edge, and gradually curves up at the very end providing a straighter edge. The hollow edge contains evenly spaced vertical indentations that create small air pockets between the blade and the food. These small air pockets gently push food off the blade and reduce the friction and drag when slicing.
- Styled after the Japanese Cook's Knife this blade is just right for preparing not only fine Asian but also Western cuisine
- The hollow edge creates pockets of air which prevent extra thin or soft slices from sticking to the blade
- Precision-forged from a single blank of high carbon stain-free steel
- Full tang that is triple riveted to the handle for precise control
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention
- Tempered to 58° Rockwell
- Full bolster and finger guard
- Comfortable and highly-durable polyoxymethylene (POM) handle with a traditional look and feel, stickered with our red Trident logo
- Blade Length: 8" (20 cm)
- Made in Solingen, Germany
UPC Code: 4002293118345
A nylon polymer that is lightweight and extremely durable, Zytel can be shaped and textured to provide excellent grip.
One of the older steel Capitals of the World: Solingen, Germany produces some of the best Kitchen knives and straight razors money can buy.
$147.00 On Sale: $59.99