American Tomahawk Company Model 1 OD Green Tomahawk 14.125" Overall, Dupont Supertough OD Green Nylon Handle, Kydex Sheath with MOC Straps
ATM1STNOD: Model 1 Tomahawk, Dupont Supertough OD Green Nylon
American Tomahawk Company
American Tomahawk Company was founded in 1966 by Peter LaGana to make tomahawks for the Vietnam War. The original model, the Vietnam Tomahawk (VTAC) featured a wood handle with a spiked tomahawk head that became a go-to tool for GIs for over 50 years. RMJ Tactical and company are going to continue that legacy with the Model 1 tomahawk that offers a sleeker head design, and two handle choices, a hickory handle similar to the original and a Dupont Supertough Nylon handle.
American Tomahawk is proud to present the Model 1, an American Icon! The Model 1 has a lineage that any edged tool would be proud of. From Vietnam soldiers to more modern-day military applications, the Model 1 has some impressive pedigree.
The forged head features a forward cutting edge, and an end spike (unsharpened, but ready for serious business), and has a OD green powder coat finish. The high mount means you can grab the handle right behind the blade for easier handling on finer work. The forged head with a connected handle makes for a lightweight and traditional design that is easy to maintain.
The Model 1 is designed to be small and light enough to lug around on foot day after day, but big enough to serve as your lightweight axe/chopping/smashing tool. The Model 1 comes with a molded bottom-eject Kydex scabbard and included RMJ Tactical Low-Ride MOC straps (and is easy to set up for left-handed or right-handed carry or add your own mounting solution). Light, tough, 100% made in the USA and cooler than cool.
- Drop-forged 1060 carbon steel blade with a forward edge, rear spike, and durable OD green powder coat finish
- OD Green Dupont Supertough Nylon 66 (STN 66) handle with textured grip for a tough, grippy, and anti-vibration handle
- Head Length: 8.0"
- Cutting Edge: 2.375"
- Handle Length: 12.75"
- Overall Length: 14.125"
- Blade Material: 1060 High Carbon Steel
- Blade Hardness: 56HRC
- Blade Style: Axe with Spike
- Blade Finish: OD Green Powder Coat
- Handle Material: Dupont Supertough OD Green Nylon 66
- Sheath Material: Molded Kydex with RMJ Tactical Low-Ride MOC Straps
- Weight: 1 lb. 6.1 oz.
- Weight with Sheath: 1 lb. 12.2 oz.
- Designer: Peter LaGana
- Made in the USA