Hults Bruk Bjork 30" Splitting Axe, Hickory Wood Handle, Leather Sheath - H840591
HUBH840591: Bjork Splitting Axe
The Hults Bruk "Bjork" is a larger splitting axe intended for heavier duties such as splitting large logs as well as processing wood for use in a fireplace. This item has a weight of 4.6 lbs. and an overall length of 30". The head is the product of blasted and clear-lacquered ironwork and the curved shaft is made of US-sourced hickory. That handle is treated with linseed oil. Each axe comes with a traditional leather protective sheath that is embellished with some unique Swedish decorative element.
- The axe head is hand-forged and made from Swedish axe steel in a foundry that has been in operation since 1697.
- As part of the production process, the steel is struck multiple times thereby increasing its density and resulting in more durability of the axe.
- The head is constructed in such a way that there is a tempered zone designed to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpening sessions.
- Each axe comes with a traditional leather protective sheath that is embellished with some unique Swedish decorative elements. The axe is shipped in its own storage box and comes with a detailed users manual.
- Blade Length: 3"
- Overall Length: 30"
- Blade Material: Swedish Steel
- Blade Thickness: 0.85"
- Handle Material: American Hickory Wood
- Handle Thickness: 1.07"
- Sheath Material: Leather
- Head Weight: 3.5 lbs.
- Weight: 4.6 lbs.
- Made in Sweden