Jake Hoback Kwaiback MK5.1 Flipper Knife 3.75" CPM-20CV Stonewashed Blade, Smooth Titanium Handles
JHKKMK51: Kwaiback MK5.1 Folding Knife
Jake Hoback Custom Knives
Jake pulled out all the stops on this Kwaiback MK5.1 and it has all of the exact same features as his custom shop work. He didn't dumb down this knife nor use inferior materials or hardware. This knife will rival his customs for fit, finish, materials, and quality. Jake believes his hands-on approach helped immensely with this project. The machine shop matched and assembled the knives exactly as he would in his own shop because he was there with them every step of the way to show them how he expected it to be done. The final product is this amazing knife with the same feel as his custom at a great price.
The Kwaiback is Jake's favorite of his designs. It's the slimmest folder in his lineup simply due to its shape. The angular butt end of the knife Jake specifically designed to make it easier to get your hand into your pocket when the knife is clipped in. The 3.75" blade is made from stonewashed CPM-20CV stainless steel with a nice flat grind. The action is smooth and lightning-fast thanks to pivot thrust bearings and Jake's own Hoback Roller Detent. This design puts a rolling ball into the detent which drastically reduces the friction while the blade is moving for better action.
The handle is milled titanium with a slender, ergonomic shape and it completely hides the blade when closed. This MK5.1 model has no fullers which Jake enjoys yet heavy machining on the interiors to shave off additional ounces. It couples the clean machining and hand fitting with the rugged look that he strives for at Hoback Knives. There is great jimping on the thumb ramp, near the butt end of the knife, and also on the replaceable lockbar insert. It's a mid-tech technically, but it has all the feeling and looks of a full-on custom knife. Proudly made and hand-assembled in the USA.
- Pivot Thrust Bearings
- HRD (Hoback Roller Detent)
- Hardened Stainless Steel Lock Insert With Overtravel Prevention
- Engineered Internal Lightening Pockets
- Standard Sizes On All Screws For Ease Of Replacement
- Cold-Formed Bearing Races (Work-Hardened To Increase Bearing And Knife Life)
MK5.1 Design Changes
- The bearing washer was removed to simplify maintenance (it wasn't necessary).
- A slight adjustment was made to the detent to make the action even better.
- Blade Length: 3.75"
- Cutting Edge: 3.625"
- Closed Length: 5.25"
- Overall Length: 9.00"
- Blade Material: CPM-20CV Stainless Steel
- Blade Thickness: 0.1875"
- Blade Style: Upswept Tanto
- Blade Grind: Flat
- Blade Finish: Stonewash
- Handle Material: Titanium
- Handle Thickness: 0.583"
- Locking Mechanism: Frame Lock
- Pivot Assembly: Pivot Thrust Bearings
- Pocket Clip: Titanium (Tip-Up, Right/Left Carry)
- Weight: 6.35 oz.
- Designer: Jake Hoback
- Made in the USA