Kershaw 1180 Jens Anso Hub Folding Knife 1.7" Bead Blast Blade, Black GFN Handles
KS1180: 1180 Hub
The Hub, designed by Jens Anso, is a small knife ideal as a lightweight pocket carry, but it’s small enough to fit on a keychain, too. The large lanyard hole in the aluminum backspacer is anodized in blue and enables the Hub to fit conveniently on a keyring. For pocket carry, the Hub includes a deep-carry pocket clip in matching black oxide. The Hub’s blade is quality 8Cr13MoV stainless steel with a matte, bead-blasted finish. This manual knife is easy to open one-handed using the built-in thumb stud. The glass-filled nylon handle features an angular pattern that interacts with the custom pivot.
- Manual - There is no mechanical assist, such as SpeedSafe, used to open the folding knife. It opens the classic, old-school way.
- Inset Liner Lock - A strip of stainless steel is riveted inside the knife’s handle — most commonly when the handle is a lightweight material. This enables them to create a slimmer, lighter knife, while still providing the strength and security of a locking liner.
- Single-position - The pocket clip is in a fixed position on the knife handle; usually, it is positioned for tip-down, right-handed carry, though this may vary.
- Blade Length: 1.7" (4.4 cm)
- Closed Length: 3.0" (7.6 cm)
- Overall Length: 4.75" (12.1 cm)
- Blade Material: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Finish: Bead Blast
- Handle Material: Black GFN
- Locking Mechanism: Inset Liner Lock
- Pivot Assembly: Washers
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Right Carry
- Weight: 2.1 oz. (60 g)
- Designer: Jens Anso
- Made in China