Kershaw 1620SWBLK Ken Onion Scallion Assisted Flipper Knife 2.25" Stonewashed Plain Blade, Black Aluminum Handles
KS1620SWBLK: 1620SWBLK Stonewash Scallion
The Scallion is one of Kershaw's most popular knives and for good reason. With its handy 2.25" blade, the Scallion is the perfect size for lightweight and convenient pocket carry. While it can easily handle just about any task, its smaller size makes it low on the intimidation factor.
The Scallion features a high-carbon stainless steel blade with good edge retention and excellent corrosion resistance. The stonewash finish gives the blade a rugged look and it’s easy to maintain, too. Of course, one of the Scallion’s coolest features is SpeedSafe assisted opening. With SpeedSafe, you can open the blade one-handed. Just pull back on the ambidextrous blade protrusion or push on the thumbstud and the blade moves out of the handle, ready for use. The Scallion’s handle scales are anodized aluminum over steel liners. Anodizing not only enables the aluminum to take a scratch resistant color, but it actually strengthens the aluminum. The Scallion’s handle is strong, lightweight, and ergonomic.
For safety, it has a locking liner to keep it locked safely open and a Tip-Lock to keep it locked safely closed during transport. If you’d like to see a little tactical folder in your pocket, the black Scallion just may be your knife.
- Flipper - May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The "flipper" is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- SpeedSafe - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Liner Lock - Locks the blade open during use; one side of the knife’s steel "liner," the steel plate to which the handle scales are attached, moves into position behind the blade to securely lock it open.
- SpeedSafe assisted opening
- Liner lock
- Two-position pocket clip
- Steel: 420HC, Stonewash finish
- Handle: 6060-T6 anodized aluminum
- Blade length: 2.25" (5.8 cm)
- Closed length: 3.5" (8.4 cm)
- Overall length: 5.75" (14.6 cm)
- Weight: 2.3 oz.
- Made in USA