Kershaw Emerson 6055D2 CQC-4KXL Folding Knife 3.9" D2 Two-Tone Blade with Wave, Black G10 and Stainless Steel Handles
KS6055D2: 6055D2 CQC-4KXL D2 Folding Knife
This "XL" Kershaw-Emerson now comes with D2 blade steel! D2, a high-carbon, high-chromium tool steel, is a knifemaker favorite and offers good edge retention and hardness, as well as being more corrosion-resistant than other high-carbon steels.
The CQC-4KXL D2's big, useful blade comes in at just under four inches. For a secure and comfortable grip, the knife has a G10 front scale and steel back. A sturdy frame lock secures the blade open during use and releases easily to close. Of course, the CQC-4KXL D2 features the patented Emerson Wave Shaped Feature that was originally designed and meant for knife fighting. It's a small wave-shaped tab on the top of the blade is built to catch on the pocket seam, opening the knife as it comes out of your pocket. This instant-open feature is a favorite among military, rescue, and law enforcement knife users. Alternatively, you could just use the built-in thumb disk to open the CQC-4KXL D2 manually.
Kershaw has included a reversible pocket clip for convenient left-handed or right-handed carry.
- Manual - There is no mechanical assist, such as SpeedSafe, used to open the folding knife. It opens the classic, old-school way.
- Frame Lock - A portion of the handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. This is a safety feature of the knife.
- Reversible Clip - Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Blade Length: 3.9" (9.9 cm)
- Closed Length: 5.0" (12.7 cm)
- Overall Length: 9.0" (22.9 cm)
- Blade Material: D2 Tool Steel
- Blade Style: Spear Point
- Blade Finish: Two-Tone
- Handle Material: Black G10 with Stainless Steel Lock
- Locking Mechanism: Frame Lock
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Right/Left Carry
- Weight: 6.1 oz. (175 g)
- Designer: Ernest Emerson
- Wave Opening Feature and Thumb Disk
- Made in China