Kershaw 8310 Fringe Assisted Flipper 3" Ti Carbo-Nitride Drop Point Blade and Stainless Steel Handles with Carbon Fiber Insert
KS8310: 8310 Fringe Folding Knife
The Kershaw Fringe is out of the mainstream and anything but boring. With its gray titanium carbo-nitride coating on both blade and handle, as well as an attention-getting carbon-fiber insert, the Fringe is already a very attractive EDC. But it's the things you don't see at first glance that make it even better.
To ensure a comfortable carry, Kershaw has thinned the back handle, making the Fringe lighter than you'd expect for an all-steel pocketknife. A deep-carry clip enables you to carry it securely in the pocket, yet access is easy when you need it. The blade is 8Cr13MoV stainless steel, precision heat-treated by Kershaw to bring out its high-performance qualities. It takes and holds an edge well, then resharpens easily. The gray coating further protects the blade from corrosion and gives it a sophisticated look. The blade opens quickly and easily with SpeedSafe assisted opening and the flipper or built-in thumb stud.
The Fringe's handle is titanium carbo-nitride coated in gray with a large carbon-fiber insert that catches the light—and catches the eye. The blade locks securely in place during use thanks to a sturdy frame lock. Black hardware completes the classy look.
- Flipper - May be used with manual or assisted opening knives. Tee "flipper" is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- SpeedSafe Assisted Opening - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumb stud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Frame Lock - A portion of the handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. This is a safety feature of the knife.
- Single-Position - The pocket clip is in a fixed position on the knife handle; usually it is positioned for tip-down, right-handed carry, though this may vary.
- Blade Length: 3.0" (7.6 cm)
- Closed Length: 4.1" (10.5 cm)
- Overall Length: 7.0" (17.8 cm)
- Blade Material: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Blade Shape: Drop Point
- Blade Finish: Ti Carbo-Nitride Coating
- Handle Material: Ti Carbo-Nitride Coated Stainless Steel with Carbon Fiber Insert
- Locking Mechanism: Frame
- Pivot Assembly: SpeedSafe Assist
- Pocket Clip: Deep Carry Tip-Down, Right Carry
- Weight: 3.5 oz. (101 g)
- Made in China