Shun DM0705W Classic Blonde Bread Knife 9" VG-MAX Damascus Blade, Blonde Pakkawood Handle
KSDM0705W: DM0705W Classic Blonde 9" Bread Knife
After a chef's knife and a paring knife, some cooks say that the knife they most can’t live without is their bread knife. If you're looking for a new bread knife, this blonde-handled version of Shun's Classic Bread Knife is a beautiful choice.
Don't ruin a fresh loaf of bread by squashing it beneath the blade of a dull knife. Instead, use the wide, "low frequency" serrations of the Shun Classic Blonde Bread Knife to simply glide through crusty or tender bread. The undulating serrations provide the power you need to gently saw through a crusty loaf without tearing the tender interior. And it works equally well on very soft breads and even pastries. Razor-sharp, these single-bevel serrations let you cut the perfect slice with ease.
The Shun Classic Blonde series features 69-layer Damascus-clad blades and Pakkawood handles in a light and beautiful natural wood tone. Yet behind these handcrafted knives' beauty is top function. Shun's proprietary high-performance VG-MAX steel forms the cutting core of the blade and holds its razor-sharp edge longer. The core is clad with 68 micro-layers of Damascus stainless steel, then ground and bead-blasted, revealing the flowing pattern of the layered steel. The result is a line of knives that is ultra-sharp, durable, and corrosion resistant, as well as simply magnificent to behold.
- Slice tender or crusty breads with no ripping, squashing or tearing
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16° edge
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total); support the core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- D-shaped blonde Pakkawood handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won't harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang for a lightweight and perfect balance
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Handcrafted in Japan
- Blade Length: 9.0" (229 mm)
- Blade Material: 69-Layer VG-MAX Damascus
- Blade Style: Bread
- Blade Finish: Acid Etch
- Handle Material: Blonde Pakkawood
- Made in Japan