DPx Gear HEST/F Urban Folding Knife 2.9" Black Matte PVD CPM-S35VN Drop Point Blade, Marbled Carbon Fiber w/ Titanium Back Handles - DPHSF029
RPDPHSF029: DPx HEST/F Urban Marbled Carbon Fiber, Black Blade
Designed by Robert Young Pelton of DPx Gear, the HEST/F Urban is the last pocket knife you'll need for everyday carry. Small, light and feature-packed, it’s just as at home in your jeans as it is in the tackle box. An heirloom-quality piece of US craftsmanship that can be passed down generations with the support of a no-questions-asked lifetime warranty DPx Gear customers deserve. The Urban reduces size and weight while increasing strength. That's not something you hear much these days.
The Urban Marbled Carbon Fiber materials make familiar and liberal use of DPx hallmarks like Grade 5 Ti-6Al-4V (UNS designation R56400) alpha-beta titanium alloy for the lock bar frame side. The blade is American made CPM-S35VN stainless steel; one of the best knife steels on the market today.
The finish of a DPx Gear knife is flawless. The Urban Marbled Carbon Fiber features a clean marbled carbon fiber frame side and a stonewashed raw Ti side. The hardware is 440 stainless and the high saber grind blade has a black matte PVD finish.
A made in America, hard use EDC folding knife that looks good, feels greats and lasts a lifetime.
- American bearing pivot hardware. Stainless steel caged bearing pivot hardware allows for rapid deployment and effortless closing.
- American aerospace grade titanium frame. A frame and lock made of U.S. made aerospace grade 6Al4v titanium in stonewashed finish.
- The world's finest U.S. forged blade steel. A blade forged from U.S. made CPM S35Vn martensitic stainless steel.
- Patented DPx Gear blade notch doubles as a bottle opener and quick open feature. Designed to allow the knife to open faster than an automatic and to deploy the blade to the rear of the holder, keeping it safe from the assailant. This feature was also designed to open bottles and function as a pot lifter. Every feature on a DPx Gear knife is expected to do double duty.
- Integral Hex drive. DPx Gear believes if you are going to carry around a quality knife, it better earn its keep. Their inclusion of a ¼” standard hex driver in the knife’s frame can be easily paired with a commonly available hex tool and turn your DPx HEST/F Urban into a multi-tool.
- Includes glass breaker. The DPx HEST/F Urban has a tungsten carbide glass breaker, a potential life-saving tool in the event of an auto accident or fire. Pelton designs his knives to be ergonomically held in the hand as a non-lethal deterrent.
- Tri-gauge wire stripper jimping. The thumb grip (jimping) features three notches in the exact gauges to strip household, auto and timer wire for blasting or electronics. This patented DPx Gear design feature also provides an exact but comfortable grip for your thumb, with gloves or with bare hands, so there is no slipping when using your knife.
- Fully reversible, deep carry pocket clip. A deep pocket clip means your pocket knife rides as low and unobtrusively as possible in your pocket. The angle of the clip over the frame lock adds additional support to the lock. The DPx HEST/F Urban is made from not just durable materials but stain-free materials. Even the clip, screws and hardware are designed to take harsh environments with ease.
- A U.S. invented, tested and proven frame lock. The U.S. invented frame lock for bulletproof lockup. First used in Chris Reeves famous Sebenza knives, it has become the standard locking feature for high-end custom knives. They added a stainless steel cap to reduce wear on the lock face.
- Blade Length: 2.9"
- Closed Length: 3.7"
- Overall Length: 6.7"
- Blade Thickness: 0.16"
- Blade Material: CPM-S35VN Stainless Steel
- Blade Hardness: 61HRC
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Grind: Saber
- Blade Finish: Black Matte PVD
- Handle Material: Marbled Carbon Fiber and 6Al4v Titanium
- Locking Mechanism: Frame Lock
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Reversible Carry
- Weight: 4.25 oz.
- Designer: Robert Young Pelton
- Made in the USA