DPx Gear HEST/F Urban Mr. DP Titanium Folding Knife 2.9" S35VN Stonewashed Plain Blade, Titanium Handles, USA-Made Limited Edition - DPHSF036
RPDPHSF036: DPx HEST/F Urban Mr. DP Titanium Edition
DPx Gear is proud to announce the upgraded production version of the knife born from their wildly successful Kickstarter project. The DPx HEST/F Urban Titanium is an all-US sourced and manufactured, no shortcuts folding knife. Made in America. Made for a lifetime of hard use. The Mr. DP Edition features the DPx Gear logo CNC machined into the presentation scale for additional grip and a unique look.
The DPx Gear HEST/F (Hostile Environment Survival Tool/Folding) Urban takes all the beefiness and durability of the HEST family and delivers it in a compact, under three-inch blade. It is an heirloom quality folder that will find itself in the pockets of those who appreciate American quality, engineering, materials, and finish. The initial design was limited to 100 units and launched on Kickstarter. The run quickly sold out. Over a year later after customer input and use around the world and refinements resulted in the first production run which was limited to 300 individually numbered pieces.
The idea of carefully sourcing and obsessively manufacturing every single part and component, using only the most durable materials is not a task taken lightly by DPx Founder and Designer Robert Young Pelton. He not only wanted to keep manufacturing and jobs in America but also raise the satisfaction bar for the owner. A tough knife made without excuses, for a lifetime of use and with the patience to field test it to get it just right. As Pelton says, "I treat my customers like friends and family, all the way from the initial idea to customer service. I don't accept anything less than excellence."
- American bearing pivot hardware - Stainless steel caged bearing pivot hardware allows for rapid deployment and effortless operation.
- American aerospace grade titanium frame - A frame and lock made of US-made aerospace grade 6Al4v titanium with a bead blasted finish.
- The world's finest US-forged blade steel - A blade forged from US-made CPM-S35VN martensitic stainless steel.
- Patented DPx Gear blade notch doubles as bottle opener and quick open feature - Designed to allow the knife to open faster than an automatic and to deploy the blade to the rear of the holder.
- Integral Hex driver - DPx Gear believes if you are going to carry around a quality knife, it better earn its keep. The inclusion of a 1/4" standard hex driver in the knife’s frame can be easily paired with a commonly available hex tool and turn your DPx HEST/F Urban into a multi-tool.
- Glass breaker - The DPx HEST/F Urban has a glass breaker and/or skull crusher on the titanium frame designed to be ergonomically held in the hand as a non-lethal deterrent. The Urban (top) has a longer, stronger screw with a smaller Tungsten Carbide insert striking tip.
- Tri-gauge wire stripper jimping - DPx's patented jimping features three notches in the exact gauges needed to quickly strip household, auto and timer wire for blasting or electronics. This design feature also provides an exact, comfortable grip with or without gloves.
- Fully reversible, deep carry pocket clip - A deep pocket clip means your pocket knife rides as low and unobtrusively as possible in your pocket. The angle of the clip over the frame lock adds additional support to the lock.
- A tested and proven frame lock mechanism and then strengthened by DPx Gear - To exceed even the toughest requirements for hard use and safety, DPx Gear added a unique stainless steel cap to reduce wear on the lock face and an integral tab to prevent overextension of the lockbar.
- Blade Length: 2.90"
- Closed Length: 3.80"
- Overall Length: 6.70"
- Blade Material: CPM-S35VN Stainless Steel
- Blade Thickness: 0.16"
- Blade Hardness: 61HRC
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Finish: Stonewash
- Handle Material: 6Al4V Titanium
- Locking Mechanism: Frame
- Pocket Clip: Deep Carry (Tip-Up, Right/Left Carry)
- Weight: 4.30 oz.
- Designer: Robert Young Pelton
- Laser engraved Mr. DP pattern
- Made in the USA