Spyderco Harpy Folding Knife 2-3/4" VG10 Satin Serrated Hawkbill Blade, Stainless Steel Handles - C08S
SP08S: C08S Harpy
Like the claw of the Harpy eagle the C08 is shaped for controlled pulling cuts. The hawkbill blade shape originated in the marine/fishing industry where severing rope, line, webbing and netting is done at arm's length quickly and efficiently. The curving arc holds what you're cutting against the sharpened edge keeping it from slipping off the tip.
Custom knifemaker David Boye developed the dent in the locking lever, which insures the blade remains securely locked open when gripping the handle with force. Cut out of the handle is a shackle key/drying vent allowing air to circulate around the blade when closed wet. Metal clip is positioned for tip down carry.
- Blade Length: 2-3/4" (70 mm)
- Cutting Edge: 2-9/16" (65 mm)
- Blade Thickness: 1/8" (3 mm)
- Overall Length: 6-1/2" (165 mm)
- Closed Length: 3-7/8" (98 mm)
- Hole Diameter: 15/32" (12 mm)
- Blade Steel: VG-10 Stainless Steel
- Weight: 3.9 oz. (109 g)
- Handle Material: Stainless Steel
- Made in Seki-City, Japan